Re: [Planner] Making tasks start later
- From: Richard Hult <richard imendio com>
- To: Planner Project Manager <planner lists imendio com>
- Subject: Re: [Planner] Making tasks start later
- Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:45:52 +0100
tor 2004-02-26 klockan 14.26 skrev Nicholas Piper:
> I have two major tasks with children, 'Site D migration' and 'Site A
> migration'. My project starts say, 1st May 2004.
> Site D migration has a final task 'Train Staff', which can't happen
> until Site A has 'Returned to corporate LAN'.
> That means site D items start, then there is a long wait until 'Train
> Staff', due to site A generally having more complex items.
> How can I delay the start of all the site D items so there isn't such
> a wait?
> I don't mind tweaking by hand. What's the best way to do it?
I'm not sure I follow your exact example but there is generally two ways
to delay tasks:
1. Add relations between tasks (click on a task and drag to another)
2. Set a constraint, which is done in the task view, click the start
date cell and choose "Start no earlier than"m or "Must start on".
Hope it helps
Richard Hult richard imendio com
] [Thread Prev