Re: [Planner] DB-Interface

tor 2004-02-26 klockan 19.57 skrev Christoph Begall:
> Hi,

Hi,

> I have successfully stored a project in a postgres database and
> everything worked fine when reopening it, but when I try to save
> further changes I found out, that the changes don't seem to be
> translated into UPDATE-Statments, but into INSERT (and maybe
> DELETE statements.
>
> I noticed, because I my tasks by inserting them from a list into
> the database. There was some metadata that I did not want to loose
> so I did put this into an extra table "task_meta", which had a
> foreign key on the task table. It turned out that I could not
> change anything and then hit save.
>
> Will this behavior change in the future?

We did it like that to work around a problem at that time, but it would
be nice if we could remove that limitation. The database layer needs to
be reworked at some point to support other databases than postgres, that
might be a good time to look at that.

> When is the next version of planner scheduled? :-)

There is no exact date, other than "when it's done" ;) We are in the
middle of a few pretty big changes (e.g. adding undo support), so it
will probably take a while.

/Richard

--
Richard Hult                    richard imendio com
Imendio                         http://www.imendio.com