Re: Planner Health
- From: Kurt Maute <kurt maute us>
- To: Mario Mol <mariohmol gmail com>
- Cc: planner-dev-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Planner Health
- Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 08:27:48 -0400
On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 07:54 -0300, Mario Mol wrote:
> The web part is too importante, because people need to appoint their
> hours writing what have they done, for how long and update the status
> as well!
> I would like to help on the web stuff or new features. How can i do
Excellent! It will be great to have another set of hands that can work
on both Planner and WebPlanner.
You should probably start by familiarizing yourself with Ruby on Rails.
Two books I think are the most helpful:
* The Ruby Programming Language (O'Reilly)
* Agile Web Development with Rails (Pragmatic Programmers)
There's a good amount of info out there on the net, which is great for
reference and getting your toes wet, but the above 2 books I think are
essential. Agile Web Development walks you thru the creation of a web
application, and gives you a good feel for the framework.
When you're ready, I can suggest some things for you to work on.
Kurt Maute <kurt maute us>
] [Thread Prev