Planner Health

Hy,

yesterday was looking the bugs on bugzilla and i was wondering about this project.

1. Is this project "dying"? Because i can see that is a plenty of defects from 2004 to 2007 and not so much comments from 2008 an 2009.

2. Which one is the best "Project Managment Software OpenSource"? What are the others opensources projects like planner?

3. How many developers are "working" nowdays? And revisors?

I'm saying that because MS Project is a tool that must have a OpenSource Software to compare with.
I've some contacts on universities here in Brazil and maybe they would be interested to open a study group about opensources project using planner as a example, so it should collect some developers to help.

That's alll, sorry about this questions but i just want to help and see this growing!

Cheers,