Re: Final steps for release 0.14.3

On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 22:37 +0200, Maurice van der Pot wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today Daniel Veillard released libxml2-2.6.27 and libxslt-1.1.23. This
> is important for us because we need the libxslt update for correct week
> numbers in HTML output.
>
> I was about to commit the updated version dependency when I realised
> that this would probably prevent everyone from building planner on their
> system (because I doubt anyone has already installed those new
> versions).
>
> So if you have a good reason why I shouldn't commit this, now is the
> time to let me know. Otherwise I'll be committing this sometime this
> week.

The only reason I can think of is the timing of when the new version of
libxml and libxslt will be available in the various distributions (i.e.
as packages - not compile by hand).  There's a lot of updates and fixes
in 14.3, and it might be nice to let folks on current distribution
levels take advantage of those.

Just a thought.

> As far as I'm concerned, that is the last change that needs to be made
> for 0.14.3.
>
> Kurt, I plan to go through the "Making a release" instructions on
> Saturday or so. If everything works out, I'll make the release at that
> time. If not, you'll find my messages in your inbox =)

Sounds great!

--
Kurt Maute <kurt maute us>