Re: Final steps for release 0.14.3

> On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 22:37 +0200, Maurice van der Pot wrote:

> > If everything works out, I'll make the release at that
> > time. If not, you'll find my messages in your inbox =)

I ran into something: update-desktop-database was failing when
installing to a different prefix (e.g. /home/griffon26/local), so make
install didn't work.

I tried to find more information on what this thing was for, but there's
hardly any about the update-desktop-database command itself.
It looks like passing $prefix/share to this command (by adding
$(DESTDIR)$(datadir) to data/mime/Makefile.am) fixes the problem.
At least strace tells me that the command is rebuilding some cache of
stuff in $prefix/share.

I just committed this change to SVN, but I'd appreciate it if someone
can say for certain that this was the right change to make or can
confirm that everything still seems to work properly.

Maurice.

--
Maurice van der Pot

Gentoo Linux Developer   griffon26 gentoo org    http://www.gentoo.org