Re: [Planner Dev] Proposal for new features: screenshot

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 10:04 +0100, Matteo Nastasi wrote:
> I found an inconsistency in my work in this case:
>    All task are overlapped,
>    normal task "TA" use resource "RA" for 30%,
>    normal task "TB" use resource "RA" for 50%,
>    vampire task "VZ" use resource "RA" for 80%.
>
>  In this case the calcolous of the resource subtraction failed because
>  the computation of TA resource "RA" percentage don't know that
>  TB use resource RA too, to work correctly it need a form of
>  levelling algorithm.

Here's my thoughts:

Solution A:  Steal resource allocation only from the first task you
encounter that has "RA" assigned to it.  In this case, it would leave an
overallocation:

TA has RA @ 0%
TB has RA @ 50%
VZ has RA @ 80%

Solution B:  Loop thru the tasks and take as much as you need until
vampire task need is satisfied.

TA has RA @ 0%
TB has RA @ 0%
VZ has RA @ 80%

Solution C:  From solution B, it should not be a big stretch to:  Loop
thru the tasks and take as much as you need, so long as their priority
is lower.

--
Kurt Maute <kurt maute us>