Re: [Planner Dev] Proposal for new features: screenshot

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 00:11 +0100, Matteo Nastasi wrote:
> Hi guys, I'm at a little milestone of my 2 enhancements of planner:
>   vampire task and not standard work/not work day visualization.
>
> Before to continue I want to sync with you to exchange opinions and
> evaluate together the eventuality of merging patches into the cvs.

Very cool.  I like the idea of shading the bar according to the
percentage of allocated resources are working on the task at the time.
Following that idea, then, wouldn't you make weekends transparent also?
I second Richards opinion that working with shading the bar would be
more more clear to the user.

> TODO:
>    the print and html export code
>    others that I have not just identified (your support will be
>    appreciated)

I'd like to see this added as a viewing option, rather than make it the
only option.  Its innovative - which is great - that's what we want, but
we should also be sensitive to the needs of those who want simplicity.

I have a question too.  If you don't set priorities on the tasks (i.e.
all tasks are the same priority), what happens?  I presume the
overallocation of resources is allowed, no tasks are pushed out, and the
display is 'normal' (i.e. current Planner style Gantt)?

Thanks for working on this, Matteo.  Good stuff.

--
Kurt Maute <kurt maute us>