Re: [Planner Dev] Proposal for new features: screenshot

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 04:39:37PM +0100, Richard Hult wrote:
> Hi,
Hi,

> Kurt Maute wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 10:57 +0100, Matteo Nastasi wrote:
> >

> >>The idea behind is a little bit different, i would tell to the user
> >>"how much time is stealed from other (vampire) tasks", not "when
> >>resources works at task"; delta = (work made / work expected) where
> >>"work expected" is the work of all resources that are
> >>at work in a particular day (example of yogi and bubu at day 12: bubu
> >>not work but the totality of the working resources of the task
> >>"sleeping" (yogi ;) ar working).
> >

> > ok, I see your logic.  I still don't necessarily agree, but I can live
> > with it.  ;-)

> >>Sorry, about this point I'm a little stubborn ;) for 2 reasons:
> >>  1) old symbols are more understandible then new symbols
> >>
> >>  2) I add 4 new concepts not only "not standard not working day" about
> >>     working/not working days:
> >>     . some resource of a task not work in a working day
> >>     . all resources of a task not work in a working day
> >>     . some resource of a task work in a not working day (white band
> >>       under the task)
> >>     . all resources of a task work in a not working day (white bands
> >>       upper and under the task - day 10, task "to steal honey" in the
> >>       screenshot example).
> >>
> >>With your method I don't understand how:
> >>  1) sign partial ferial of some resource assigned of a task
> >>  2) sign work on not working days
>
> OK, that makes sense. But is there a way to make it a bit more clear
> than the very thin light line?
We can change color configuration of the bands or enlarge it more (but
this solution implies an enlargement of all the height of the task row.

> >>Ok, for me not problem about this point, what property I can "copy" for
> >>implement it, view critical ?.
> >

> > Yes, that's a good one.
>
> I'm not sure I agree, this is not strictly a view thing, it affects the
> way the schedule is calculated... or am I confused? :)
I thought that Kurt refers to the visualization of the vampirized task
only, otherwise you finish at 2 different days one for each visualisation
mode you use ;).

Regards, Matteo.