Re: [Planner Dev] Hacking Planner / maintainership

Martin-�ic Racine wrote:
ma, 2005-11-21 kello 20:15 -0500, Kurt Maute kirjoitti:

We don't have a specific long term roadmap for Planner at the moment,
although I did meet with Mikael, Richard, and more briefly with Miguel
de Icaza at the Gnome Summit, and we had some good discussion around
migrating Planner to Mono, which would enable us to be more
multi-platform compatible and ought to speed development as C# is a
higher level language.

I honestly hope this won't happen.
Having tried Tomboy and other recent Mono-based applications, I really
must say that I find the whole thing to be slow and bloated as hell. The
sheer amount of dependencies is also downright ridiculous. Please, no.

I agree. If this were to happen, I would look for a fork to retain the current coding solution.

--
Until later, Geoffrey