Re: [Planner Dev] Hacking Planner / maintainership

On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 08:28 +0900, pclouds wrote:
> It's great planner lives again ;) Is there a long-term roadmap for
> planner yet? I would love planner more if it's going to switch to
> cairo so that printing and gui use the same code ( and we can have a
> png/svg in addition to ps/pdf)

We don't have a specific long term roadmap for Planner at the moment,
although I did meet with Mikael, Richard, and more briefly with Miguel
de Icaza at the Gnome Summit, and we had some good discussion around
migrating Planner to Mono, which would enable us to be more
multi-platform compatible and ought to speed development as C# is a
higher level language.

Before diving into a migration though, I want to get out a release v0.14
with some good bug fixes and minor feature enhancements.

The two drawing mechanisms that Mono offers are Mono.Cairo and
System.Drawing (which on Linux systems is simply a layer on top of Cairo
and GDI+).  Check the linkage:  http://www.mono-project.com/Drawing

--
Kurt Maute <kurt maute us>