Re: [Planner Dev] Hacking Planner / maintainership

On 11/25/05, Kurt Maute <kurt maute us> wrote:
> > Having tried Tomboy and other recent Mono-based applications, I really
> > must say that I find the whole thing to be slow and bloated as hell. The
> > sheer amount of dependencies is also downright ridiculous. Please, no.
>
> On the slow and bloated issue - having not looked for any, I'm wondering
> if there are any performance benchmarks or comparisons out there.
>
> I'd like to hear some more opinions on this - for or against.
I would rather not link planner to such a big dependency. At least, i
will need more disk space for planner. I have no benchmark though
(indeed haven't used mono apps much). If you want to  use mono, it's
up to you. Having a useful app is better than none at all. But in that
case, could you split the core of planner into a C library and use
mono for GUI only? Banshee IMHO might use this approach when it splits
out libipoddevice   (but again, i haven't used banshee nor looked at
the source)
--
Bi Cờ Lao