Re: [Planner Dev] Developing reference planners files to help regression test planner - my ideas on this.

Mark Durrenberger wrote:

Perhaps I'm being picky and tell me so - I won't be offended,
but a Project PLAN is a collection of documents, a project SCHEDULE is just one of those documents (albeit an important one!).

Is Planner a schedule building tool? If so, it is a project modeling tool.

Yup - you're right :) I was thinking of just the models when I
proposed sample "plans"  i.e. just the models to do regression
testing of Planner to make sure it doesn't break anything and
works as expected.

It would be nice to have the model hyperlink to the other
project documents as well as having the other project documents
refer back via XPointer to task details within a Planner model/schedule.

But for now its just creating a base of models with predictable
outcomes (e.g. Open <as yet nonexistant> test-model-s0304.mrproject
and the end date for task 3.1.1 must be on the 29th Feb 2004 and end
date for task 3.1.2 must be on the 1st March 2004 : at least thats
what I was thinking. Richards WBS patch now makes it easier to refer
to tasks too ).

Lincoln.