[Planner Dev] Developing reference planners files to help regression test planner - my ideas on this.

I want to create a number of reference project plans to
add to the Planner CVS. These will be used for,

- verifying that Planner ranges work as expected,

- verifying database and XML file load/saves,

- providing baseline timings for Planner tasks such as
	Open, Save, Add Link, Unlink, Add Task, Delete Task,
	assign resource.

- providing sample files to show people yet which contains
	no actual true personal data so that we abide by the
	EU Data Protection Acts.

What I propose is this,

1 x set of Marketting Projects which are small and topical/amusing
	and suitable for showing how Planner works and runs fast
	and looks nice. I've done a few demos of products and I
	find it always works to sit down and build up a demo script
	with meaningful data. Any advertising, web site or press
	materials should also use these identical demo projects.
	This is a very important way of keeping the messages
	to the public as to what Planner does clear and precise.

	Once we define the first set of tasks and resources
	we get these translated into local languages. This is so
	you get the same sort of demo for different native language
	users but we use the same project tasks and layout, even
	if the words/names get localised. Its to keep a consistent
	look and feel.

	The actual project could be anything. I'm suggesting a
	"Planning a Planner desktop rollout" project :)

1 x Project in which has enough objects so that every field is
	used twice, once on minimum and once on maximum and
	contains data which should not change across releases.
	It may be complete rubbish as a project but its
	should verify that the data loads and reloads. It should
	be quite a small project.

1 x Project with an Moderate number of summary, Milestones,
	tasks, resource , Links and constraints.
	(say S=20, M=10, T=200, R=10, L=50, C=5),

1 x Project with a large number (3x a moderate) of S/M/T/R/L/C,
	(say S=60, M=30, T=600, R=30, L=150, C=15),

(given the time taken to load the other reference files
plus those two we can extrapolate any performance hit
with a B-Spline).

I think having these reference projects will make life so much
easier in the future if we're realy serious about people using
Planner in anger.

Any other thoughts on this ?

Rgds,
Lincoln.