Re: [Planner Dev] Developing reference planners files to help regression test planner - my ideas on this.

On fre, 2004-03-26 at 20:13 +0000, lincoln phipps openmutual net wrote:
> I want to create a number of reference project plans to
> add to the Planner CVS. These will be used for,

A good idea! :)

> - verifying that Planner ranges work as expected,
>
> - verifying database and XML file load/saves,

Those are the most important, IMO, and very easy to write a tests for.

> - providing baseline timings for Planner tasks such as
> 	Open, Save, Add Link, Unlink, Add Task, Delete Task,
> 	assign resource.

It might get difficult to actually measure any changes for this case,
since different hardware can result in very different numbers. And we
should probably do some profiling and optimizing before doing this :)

> 1 x set of Marketting Projects which are small and topical/amusing
> 	and suitable for showing how Planner works and runs fast
> 	and looks nice. I've done a few demos of products and I
> 	find it always works to sit down and build up a demo script
> 	with meaningful data. Any advertising, web site or press
> 	materials should also use these identical demo projects.
> 	This is a very important way of keeping the messages
> 	to the public as to what Planner does clear and precise.

It would also be good to use in the user guide. If we do translated
versions, the translated user guides could benefit from that as well.

Richard Hult                    richard imendio com
Imendio                         http://www.imendio.com