Re: [Planner Dev] Testing group undo ( assertion `PLANNER_IS_LIST_MODEL (model)' failed )

Alvaro del Castillo wrote:

El vie, 26-03-2004 a las 01:27, Richard Hult escribió:

On tor, 2004-03-25 at 23:51 +0000, lincoln phipps openmutual net wrote:

My angle on per-keystrock undo is as follows. For strings we just
want a per-string undo not a per-keystroke undo. To effect that we
need to compress the many per-key messages for 1 combination of

[...]

We should really do this by "committing" on focus-out instead of
keypress, undo would work a lot nicer automatically then.

Yes, this is the same thing I have in mind to implement. Lincoln, is
this ok for you?

Yes, thats OK. Just recording when the whole field is
changed when people tab/mouse out, close dialog or otherwise
lose  focus would be the best time to update strings.

Going further, with some of these dialogs I'd probably like
it if we actually changed the whole way the dialog worked and
had a Cancel and an Apply button. Then you could change the
whole dialog contents and it would commit the changes
only if you hit Apply. If you hit cancel it did nothing.

An UNDO/REDO is then simply made up of wrapping up all
the changes made by the user to a dialog into one single
"transaction".  Maybe post Planner 1.0.

Rgds,
Lincoln.

Cheers