Re: [Planner Dev] Testing group undo ( assertion `PLANNER_IS_LIST_MODEL (model)' failed )

Hi!

El mié, 11-02-2004 a las 13:05, lincoln phipps openmutual net escribió:
> Is bugzilla better to track this or just the mailing list ?.
>

> (I'm using ddd i.e. ddd planner to get the tracing errors. ddd
> seems OK - a bit cantankerous but does the job. Anyone know a
> better gui for gdb ?. )
>
> Problem 1.
> =========
> Click Resources ICON
> Click Group ICON
> Click Add button
> Give group name of Group1 and check as default
> Close dialog.
>
> Then Undo Default Group
> Then Undo Edit Group Property
>
> and you get (from DDD GDB point of view).....
>

> (planner:31891): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from `GdkPixbuf'
> to `GtkTreeModel'
>
> (planner:31891): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from `GdkPixbuf'
> to `PlannerListModel'
>
> (planner:31891): Planner-CRITICAL **: file planner-list-model.c: line
> 490 (planner_list_model_get_path): assertion `PLANNER_IS_LIST_MODEL
> (model)' failed
> ^C
>
> It doesn't seg fault here but the assertion `PLANNER_IS_LIST_MODEL
> (model)' failed always happens.

Yes, I can reproduce it here, and something is wrong. For the end users,
everything is working because you can undo/redo all the commands without
fail, but is is clear that we are doing something wrong playing with
list models. I will look at it.

> Problem 2.  !! this is resource one so you probably
> haven't finished code yet.
> ===========
> Insert a resource.
> Give it a name,
> Do Undo Edit Resource Property
>     Undo Insert Resource
>
> Then Redo Insert Resource
>   Redo Edit Resource Property
>
>   and you'll find the Resource name is missing.
>   Funny  thing being if you do simply Undo Edit Resource Property,
>   Redo Edit Resource Property it keeps it there so sound like
>   something isn't being remembered exactly right.

Hmmm, now it works correctly so maybe, I haven't finished this code in
that moment.

Thanks and sorry for answering too late ...

Cheers