Re: [Planner Dev] Planner enhancement - use resource patch against CVS 011 20040316.

tor 2004-03-18 klockan 19.27 skrev lincoln phipps openmutual net:

> If count <= 10 then proceed as normal else popup question
> asking "Do you really want to view 'x' tasks ?" and buttons
> of YES NO/Cancel
>
> If count >= 50 then ask further "Are you sure you want to
> view 'x' tasks ?" and buttons of YES NO/Cancel

Hm, this whole thread makes me think that we're attacking the problem
from the wrong angle.

Popping up loads of dialogs feels like a workaround in a way. I think
that, ideally, there should be a simple way to assign resources directly
in the task view instead. The task view is where you should do all the
"bulk" work, like setting all durations, naming all tasks, etc.

The task dialog is just a way to display and edit all data there is
about a task, but it shouldn't be needed that much, if it is, then we
did something wrong.

We could still put in the loads-of-dialog way for now but we shouldn't
have two levels of limits, just have one at 10 (or even 5) that says
that "a lot of dialogs will be opened, do you really mean to do that?"
and then just open them all if the user acks.

Richard Hult                    richard imendio com
Imendio                         http://www.imendio.com