Re: [Planner Dev] Planner enhancement - use resource patch against CVS 011 20040316.

tor 2004-03-18 klockan 15.54 skrev lincoln phipps openmutual net:
> Richard Hult wrote:

> > Well, I'd rather put some limit even if it's 20, and maybe a popup
> > saying that it was limited. If you have 1000 tasks and accidentally get
> > 1000 windows up, I'm sure the window manager and X will get in trouble.
> > I'm not even sure you can have that many toplevel windows in X, iirc
> > there's some limit.
>
> OK this is a fairly easy change in task_view_update_ui() and
> gantt_view_update_ui() to test for count_value > some arbitary limit
> and then make the button/menu inactive. This'll be an easy
> change.  Someone will know its stopped working when the button goes
> inactive. We don't need a warning dialog at this time.
>
> OK, maybe just 20 tasks it is. It should be some multiple of 10.

It might be confusing if the item is just disabled, since there is no
indication of why, which was the point of the popup, to explain what
just happened. It could ask if it's ok to popup e.g 50 dialogs or to
cancel.

What do you think?

> > Well I was just thinking that there would be one way to do resource
> > assignment instead of two => less confusion for users, less code to
> > maintain, less UI to get consistent.
> >
> > Since the resource tab would be selected, it would look mostly the same
> > as your suggestion, plus it would be exactly the same code and
> > look-n-feel as when dealing with it elsewhere.
>
> I'm sort of starting to agree - err -how do I message a dialog
> to bring the Resources tab into focus when its opened ?.

We need to add a function to the task dialog code like:

planner_task_dialog_new_with_tab (PlannerWindow        *window,
				  MrpTask              *task,
        			  PlannerTaskDialogTab  tab);

Where PlannerTaskDialogTab is an enum with the different tabs.

> If you want I can redo this based on your feedback.

That would be great!

> ps: Task Priority patch finished. Testing OK. will add priority
> to schema along with the new deadline date so schema changes are
> at a minimum.

Wow, nice! You're certainly doing a great job! :)

Richard Hult                    richard imendio com
Imendio                         http://www.imendio.com