Re: [Planner Dev] Resource usage view problems
- From: Richard Hult <richard imendio com>
- To: Planner Dev <planner-dev lists imendio com>
- Subject: Re: [Planner Dev] Resource usage view problems
- Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:03:34 +0200
On lör, 2004-06-19 at 11:13 +0000, Alvaro del Castillo wrote:
> About the time before 0.12, I have just finished undoing add and remove
> calendars, so I feel the undo system is very very near to be finished. A
> week. Only Working time and Default week are missing, and the two
> dialogs use a "Apply button" so implement undoing is much easier.
> We need to discuss if having an undo system, Apply button have sense,
> but for 0.12 I feel we will release with apply buttons in those dialogs.
The apply buttons aren't there due to having undo or not. They are used
for three different reasons:
1. in places where instant apply would be too slow (if selecting a
radiobutton would trigger something that takes a lot of calculations for
2. where you would get an inconsistent state with instant apply, like if
you need to select a whole group of choices together
3. where it's really hard to come up with a UI that is obivous how use
with instant apply
It's basically only number 3 that we can do something about.
Imendio HB, http://www.imendio.com/
] [Thread Prev