Re: [Planner Dev] Resource usage view problems

Hi!

El sáb, 19-06-2004 a las 06:30, Xavier Ordoquy escribió:
> On Sat, 2004-06-19 at 00:38, Richard Hult wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> Hi
>
> > So, what do you say? Would it be too bad if we just focused on undo and
> > getting that solid and then add the resource usage view when it's a bit
> > more mature?
>
> Well, iirc, this feature has been asked a lot by users.
> I hadn't much time the 6 last months but now that I got a new job, I'm
> confident I'll be able to rework on that view.
> I've been somewhat disconnected from planner and the few feedback I've
> had on that view was relating to the undo/redo work.
> However, what about poping a warning at the first resource usage view
> activation and pointing that the view is "experimental and may crash
> Planner" ?
> It'll make the view able for viewing and will restrict the flame
> feedback.
> How long time is left before .12 ?

I am not sure that if we want to release a rock solid product, this kind
of dialog is a good idea. It will scare our users and they will lose
confident in all the product.

About the time before 0.12, I have just finished undoing add and remove
calendars, so I feel the undo system is very very near to be finished. A
week. Only Working time and Default week are missing, and the two
dialogs use a "Apply button" so implement undoing is much easier.

We need to discuss if having an undo system, Apply button have sense,
but for 0.12 I feel we will release with apply buttons in those dialogs.

Cheers

-- Alvaro