Re: [Planner Dev] CVS

On l�2004-07-31 at 04:39 +0100, lincoln phipps openmutual net wrote:

Hi,

> The preference would be to the Windows registry (of which gconf
> is emulating to a degree) on a per-user basis thus in the user
> hive e.g.,
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Imendio\Planner\
>
> and then we may store what we like e.g. have \gconf\ and then
> store the existing gconf stuff under that so that the code
> (which I imagine would be #ifdef PLANNER_ON_WINDOWS in the source)
> would use either the Windows registry or the gconf and still be
> reasonably readable.

I'd rather have one header file describing the interface (common for
both systems) and have two c files implementing the interface
differently on windows and linux.

So you would have something like:

planner_configuration_get_int ("ui/window_height");

and the GConf backend gets the key "/apps/planner/ui/window_height"
while the windows backend gets
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Imendio\Planner\ui\window_height".

Then the Makefile includes the backend for the platform it's built on.

Best Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Imendio HB, http://www.imendio.com/