Re: [Planner Dev] CVS

Mikael Hallendal wrote:
On fre, 2004-07-30 at 13:04 +0200, Richard Hult wrote:

On fre, 2004-07-30 at 13:38 +0300, Jani tiainen wrote:

Only way to get into native Planner would be move towards plain GTK+... How much work it would really require..?

Not too much actually, but a fair amount. Moving from bonoboui to
gtkuimanager and replacing gconf calls with something else for the
window build. Other potentially tricky stuff include GnomeCanvas should
theoretically already work for windows, probably would need some
tweaking to get going though.

Sounds like something we'd want after 1.0 anyway (getting away from
BonoboUI that is). As for the GConf-things that should be pretty easy
since we don't use it a lot yet. We could probably make some layer in
between that calls GConf on Linux and perhaps simple .ini files on
Windows.

The preference would be to the Windows registry (of which gconf
is emulating to a degree) on a per-user basis thus in the user
hive e.g.,

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Imendio\Planner\

and then we may store what we like e.g. have \gconf\ and then
store the existing gconf stuff under that so that the code
(which I imagine would be #ifdef PLANNER_ON_WINDOWS in the source)
would use either the Windows registry or the gconf and still be
reasonably readable.

Just my 2 öre worth.

Lincoln.

// Micke