Re: [Planner Dev] HTML Export Fixes and Improvements

On tor, 2004-04-15 at 13:45 -0700, Chris Ladd wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 13:03, Richard Hult wrote:

> > Did the old stylesheet use a table for the gantt chart too? I'm
> > wondering if it's really working to do that, since the width of the
> > headers depend on the rendered font size that way... I think we really
> > need to make it use absolute css positioning. What do you think?
>
> The old one used a table. I could try to change the the day/week header
> to be just one cell for each row and then place the header text in it's
> spots using css positioning. I don't know if I can get the borders
> between days right, which is why I used a table column for each day to
> begin with. Should I try the CSS stuff (with possibly loosing the
> boarders around the days and weeks) or just keep it the way it is?

OK, I thought so (about the use of a table).

So, is it basically the same layout code for the gantt chart then as
before? Then maybe we could do mostly "look" related changes for 0.12
and then look into reworking the gantt chart with CSS later (if we think
it's necessary). I was originally going to put the HTML export on 0.13,
but it really looks good and having it in 0.12 wouldn't hurt, especially
if it's the same gantt code so we don't regress in that area.

What do you say?

> Just doing my part to work towards Linux World Domination :)

Muahaha! ;)

> After I get the HTML export stuff done I think I will start on adding
> colors to the gantt rows... unless there is something the group thinks
> it is more important to work on.

Personally, I think it's great to get the HTML export polished, and
since you seem to survive after touching XSL code, be my guest ;)

Imendio HB, http://www.imendio.com/