Re: [Planner Dev] HTML Export Fixes and Improvements

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 13:03, Richard Hult wrote:

> I have an idea though. It would be pretty neat to put the gantt chart
> inside a div with a style of "overflow: scroll", so it fits the window
> width and gets scrolled. We could probably make the height of the chart
> a bit bigger as well. It's really easy to try out, just add a div around
> the table manually in the html.

I like the look of the scrolling a lot. I will add this to the next
version of the patch.

> Did the old stylesheet use a table for the gantt chart too? I'm
> wondering if it's really working to do that, since the width of the
> headers depend on the rendered font size that way... I think we really
> need to make it use absolute css positioning. What do you think?

The old one used a table. I could try to change the the day/week header
to be just one cell for each row and then place the header text in it's
spots using css positioning. I don't know if I can get the borders
between days right, which is why I used a table column for each day to
begin with. Should I try the CSS stuff (with possibly loosing the
boarders around the days and weeks) or just keep it the way it is?

> If you feel like hacking more on this stuff, I have some random
> comments:
>
> * The header color could be a bit lighter.
>
> * We should probably set the font to "Vera Sans,Arial,Verdana,
> Helvetica,sans-serif" or something like that. The old default is
> crack ;)
>
> * Also use the default font size for the info at the top, and put
> project name,manager, organization, perhaps project phase there (if
> those are set).
>
> * Smaller font size for the headers (Gantt Chart, Tasks, Resources).
>
> * Make the output nothing instead of 0 in the number columns.

All good ideas... I will also add them to my next patch. I like the gray
color with the white text in the table headers you used in your example.
Hopefully I can get all these changes done by tomorrow (US West Coast
Time).

> Thanks a lot for looking at the fugly stylesheet stuff ;)
> /Richard

Just doing my part to work towards Linux World Domination :)

After I get the HTML export stuff done I think I will start on adding
colors to the gantt rows... unless there is something the group thinks
it is more important to work on.

--
Chris Ladd
Email: caladd particlestorm net