Re: [Planner Dev] HTML Export Fixes and Improvements

On tor, 2004-04-15 at 12:48 -0700, Chris Ladd wrote:
> OK, Bug #129226 has a new patch attached to it. It is diffed against the
> latest cvs.

Wow, the output looks a lot better! :)

I have an idea though. It would be pretty neat to put the gantt chart
inside a div with a style of "overflow: scroll", so it fits the window
width and gets scrolled. We could probably make the height of the chart
a bit bigger as well. It's really easy to try out, just add a div around
the table manually in the html.

Did the old stylesheet use a table for the gantt chart too? I'm
wondering if it's really working to do that, since the width of the
headers depend on the rendered font size that way... I think we really
need to make it use absolute css positioning. What do you think?

If you feel like hacking more on this stuff, I have some random
comments:

* The header color could be a bit lighter.

* We should probably set the font to "Vera Sans,Arial,Verdana,
Helvetica,sans-serif" or something like that. The old default is
crack ;)

* Also use the default font size for the info at the top, and put
project name,manager, organization, perhaps project phase there (if
those are set).

* Smaller font size for the headers (Gantt Chart, Tasks, Resources).

* Make the output nothing instead of 0 in the number columns.

Thanks a lot for looking at the fugly stylesheet stuff ;)

Imendio HB, http://www.imendio.com/