Could OSTree be, in theory, used for backups?

I know this seems a bit odd, but OSTree almost seems perfect:

- Can efficiently store binary files.
- Built for handling filesystem trees.
- Can import files located at a different location.

However, I'm not sure how well OStree could handle e.g. interruptions during commit, and there's still the question of SSH (though it seems someone has already mostly done this?).

This is why I'm asking the actual OSTree list: could it work for something like this, or would it be a terrible idea?

--
Ryan (ライアン)
Yoko Shimomura, ryo (supercell/EGOIST), Hiroyuki Sawano >> everyone else