Re: X session

Hi Colin,

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Colin Walters <walters verbum org> wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-11-17 at 10:14 -0500, Michael Hill wrote:
>> I've been happily pulling gnomeos to F18 for a few days now (often
>> enough that I needed the new 'prune' option last night). With help
>> from the CommonIssues page I can successfully boot into
>> ostree=current, but I don't seem to have an X session.
>
> So this is a regression?  If so, how recently?

Not a regression. I started downloading last week, but only got it
booting from Grub2 this week. The boot messages end like this:

[ OK ] Started Login Service.
[ OK ] Reached target Multi-User.
[ OK ] Started GNOME Display Manager.
[ OK ] Reached target Graphical Interface.

...and then remains on console 1.

>> Should I try the onboard (unaccelerated) Intel video?
>
> Yes, that'd be interesting data.  To be honest I only boot natively on
> Intel hardware right now.
>
> You can also try passing "gnome.fallback=1" on the kernel command line
> to get the fallback session (but this will shortly be going away...as
> soon as I finish getting llvmpipe working).

Doesn't help now, but it should help when I switch to Intel. I'll give
it a try tomorrow.

Thanks,

Mike