Re: [orca-list] Interesting text to speech announcement

and how do you get this tts system without paying?

Den 2022-07-15 kl. 12:21, skrev Kyle via orca-list:
Quoting Peter Vágner:
Easiest is perhaps installing it on a debian or debian derivative into python virtualenv from PIP

That unfortunately didn't work for me. I got the same onnxruntime error that I got in Fedora. I did get the docker version working here, but that only exposes the web interface. I couldn't figure out how to run the client, so the speech-dispatcher configuration probably won't work. The easiest local install was on Ubuntu 22.04, probably the latest Debian will also work, using the .deb package at

https://github.com/MycroftAI/mimic3/releases/download/release%2Fv0.2.3/mycroft-mimic3-tts_0.2.3_amd64.deb

https://github.com/MycroftAI/mimic3/releases/download/release%2Fv0.2.3/mycroft-mimic3-tts_0.2.3_arm64.deb

or

https://github.com/MycroftAI/mimic3/releases/download/release%2Fv0.2.3/mycroft-mimic3-tts_0.2.3_armhf.deb

depending on the machine where you want it to run. The client, server and voice downloader all work in those packages. Oddly enough, I got the same onnxruntime error about not being able to find the correct version when I tried installing from source into the virtualenv in Ubuntu 22.04, but the packages I linked above work almost perfectly, with the exception of the epitran languages not having all the necessary files, which I'm hoping to find in the source tarball.

~Kyle