Re: [orca-list] Interesting text to speech announcement

Hello,
Please note it can easily be installed locallyeither by using docker or python virtualenv. It can be used with orca through speech-dispatcher by using generic module. See here for speech-dispatcher related instructions: https://mycroft-ai.gitbook.io/docs/mycroft-technologies/mimic-tts/mimic-3#speech-dispatcher Easiest is perhaps installing it on a debian or debian derivative into python virtualenv from PIP: https://mycroft-ai.gitbook.io/docs/mycroft-technologies/mimic-tts/mimic-3#installation
Voice samples are at: https://mycroftai.github.io/mimic3-voices/
For central european users it's interesting there appears to be decent hungarian and polish voices, ukrainian is also usefull. Once there are enough audio data to form a single speaker speech model, espeak-ng phonemizer can be used to preprocess the text. So perhaps in the future we may get more slavic voices e.g. slovak and czech.

Greetings

Dňa 15. 7. 2022 o 1:12 Kyle via orca-list napísal(a):
Looks like I have it mostly working. I rebuilt the server with Ubuntu 22.04 and the package seems to work as expected. I tried Afrikaans, Bengali and Greek, which I knew were giving me the espeak-ng error, and they are now speaking the default sample text. Hausa, Javanese, Telugu and Yoruba are still not speaking, but this seems due to the fact that they apparently forgot to package the epitran phonemizer. I get "file not found" errors when trying to speak those languages, and the files, in fact the whole /usr/lib/mycroft/mimic3/epitran directory, is missing. This time it's not there and reported missing, it really is missing. Hopefully they will fix this in a future release.

http://speaker.ml/

is now open for business, and the voices are all where I want them to be, with a large percentage of the available languages speaking at least their sample text.

~Kyle