does not appear to make any difference, unfortunately. I do wonder,
though, if the order in which keyboard layouts are listed in the control
center keyboard pane might have an influence. This dialogue is
apparently not fully accessible right now so I have to wait until
sighted assistence can reverse the order for me. I will report once I
had a chance to test.

Regards to all birds and stones out there,

Elias

On 2022-08-11 at 16:00:18 (+0200), Kyle via orca-list <orca-list gnome org> wrote:
I had the same problem when I played with alternative English layouts
such as dvorak and colemak layouts. Orca retains the previous layout
both for structural navigation and for its other internal keybindings
until it is restarted, or at least that seems to be my experience.
Restarting Orca does seem to fix this until I switch layouts again, at
which time I must restart Orca once again to get back the correct
keys. The best fixes other than restarting Orca would include sending
a signal to Orca that the keyboard layout changed, or hacking Orca to
poll for layout changes, which could be done slowly so as not to bog
down the system, maybe once every second or similar if no signal is in
fact being sent over dbus or similar when the layout is changed. Now
that I think about it, such a work-around in Orca could possibly solve
a long-standing problem I have had where modifiers no longer work
correctly if a keyboard is unplugged or disconnected and subsequently
plugged back in or reconnected. Restarting Orca also appears to solve
this problem for me. So perhaps simply looping slowly over any
keyboard detection code could kill two birds with one stone as the
saying goes.

~Kyle