Re: [orca-list] ubuntu and ssh

On 3/4/22 04:17, Juan Hernandez via orca-list wrote:
Earlier tonight I was ssh’ed into my ubuntu desktop computer from another computer on my local network.

I did a update of instlled packages on the system, then rebooted it.  After rebooting, I can no longer ssh into the box.

Ssh is enabled on port 22, I can ssh to localhost from the box.  When I nmap on the local box, it shows all my ports that are open, but when I nmap the box from another computer on the local network, it says:

That the host might be down.

Check your iptables and nftables configuration in case there's a rule that prevents the port from being accessed.

Also, run ssh -v <hostname> to try to connect from another machine, and confirm that it's failing to establish its TCP connection (which is probably the issue, but it's better to be sure).

It might also be worth resetting the network configuration. A reboot is probably the easiest way, unless you know what service to restart.