[orca-list] orca installation via git repository

Hi All,

So I asked this question a month or two ago, but I didn’t really get a answer that helped.

I download the git source via git,, I cloned it from github.

I then idid ./configure –prefix=/usr/

 Then make; make install

When I run the new binary of orca it still shows as the original version that came with ubuntu 21.10.  I know that it is running the right binary because I made sure to run the exact binary that has the latest date on it.

I know there is a git tag for orca_42_rc, so I know there are newer code version in the repo.  I am building strait from the master branch.

Can someone tell me what is going on with this?

Best,

Juan