Re: [orca-list] Qemu Accessibility

In the words of Илья Пащук :
I think you may try to start pure xorg, or xorg with only dwm, run xterm with some console screen reader in it and then try to run qemu.

or modify your .xinitrc to run predefined qemu vm right after Xorg startup and then run it by the startx command.

Actually, a combination of these options may work best. Back when I was doing work for F123, I made some scripts that ran startx, jwm I believe, Orca and the program I wanted, for example Firefox, because the distribution needed to be designed to work on very limited hardware resources as found on the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3. A suitable script for qemu would look something like

#!/bin/sh
export QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=alsa
export QEMU_ALSA_DAC_BUFFER_SIZE=1256
export QEMU_ALSA_DAC_PERIOD_SIZE=128
export QEMU_ALSA_ADC_BUFFER_SIZE=256
export QEMU_ALSA_ADC_PERIOD_SIZE=128
twm &
qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -cpu host -smp 1,cores=4 -m 4G -usb -soundhw es1370 -net nic,model=virtio -net user -drive file=<filename>,if=virtio,cache=writeback

And run the script using startx like
startx path/to/qemu-script.sh
Most likely, you won't need orca for this, since you're using the X server only for the video. But if you do want orca, just insert
orca&
immediately below the dwm line in the shell script.
~Kyle