Re: [orca-list] Qemu Accessibility

Ah yes. I nearly forgot about the serial console thing. That works well if you're running a text-only guest, regardless of the host. I think qemu may also have a curses mode for that kind of thing, although I didn't actually try that interface. Unfortunately, neither of these options would resolve the issue of how to run a guest with a desktop environment on a text-only host. It is possible that adding the regular user to the video group may work, but although it was some years back, I never got a desktop guest running in a text environment, even when my user was in both the audio and video groups. I believe qemu can use sdl for that, but I never got it working. Incidentally, I couldn't get mame to work in that way either, and I do know that it's using sdl.
~Kyle