Re: [orca-list] Reading pdf files

On 12/11/21 12:26, Kyle via orca-list wrote:
I have Brave Browser 95.1.31.91 here. I just successfully opened a local pdf file, and I was able to read it. Probably easier to just read it using atril, which actually works quite well now, but yes, Brave does work for me, as does Chromium.

I just tried Atril with Orca, which does indeed work after you type F7 to switch to caret browsing mode.

What didn't work for me was moving from page to page, or pressing space or enter on items in the tree view of section headings, which only expanded/collapsed the subtrees - not sure how to navigate to one of the items in the document text. Ctrl-Page-Up and Ctrl-Page-Down are supposed to move by page, according to the menu, but they didn't when I tried them.