[orca-list] Ubuntu - Overlay doesn't always announce with orca

When one uses Ubuntu with the GNOME desktop. I notice that pressing the super key to bring up the overlay to
start typing, doesn't always get spoken by orca. So, is there a key command that I can use with orca which
will let me know if: the overlay has appeared up for searching, app, document etc?

P.S.

I'm not sure what the proper term is called for the search function feature with ubuntu. If it helps, I've
also read it called: the dash.