Re: [orca-list] Orca Does Not Use Voxin

The speech-dispatcher devs have made significant progress in making closed-source text-to-speech engines more reliable than we've historically seen.  The dependencies on distro-specific APIs have been dramatically reduced, e.g. the actually synthesis module no longer needs to depend on Pulse Audio, or any other audio backend.  In the future, if Espeak works, Voxin most likely will also work out of the box, and there will not need to be as many new Voxin releases as we've seen in the past to keep it working on new distro releases.

So, hang in there.  Things should start improving as the latest speech-dispatcher improvements start to roll into stable Linux releases.