[orca-list] Updating Mate on 20.04/will Orca work better?

Not sure if I asked this before, but....

On Orca's github page it says Orca 40.x only works with Gnome 40.x

So given I'm running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS do I need to update my Mate desktop to keep up with orca-master or not, or where's the limit with as far as I can go with updating Orca?

If I do update Mate to get the latest Gnome 40.x stack if that's how it works, would Orca work better on 20.04?