Re: [orca-list] Getting orca to speak using mate desktop in arch?

There was once a message from Jeffery Mewtamer that said:
I'm not familiar with Arch, but while Orca is catergorized under
Gnome
in Debian as well, it doesn't depend on anything else from Gnome...
and even back when the package was called gnome-orca, it didn't
depend
on anything from Gnome.

This is correct. I am stating that installing the package group in Arch
called gnome will in fact bring in the orca package, but neither mate
nor mate-extra package groups will install it automatically. You do
need to specify orca as an individual package to be downloaded and
installed explicitly in order to get it installed for a speaking MATE
desktop. Hope this clarifies things.
~Kyle