Re: [orca-list] Getting orca to speak using mate desktop in arch?

Interesting. I have never seen orca in mate-extra, only in the gnome
package group. For nearly 8 years that I have been using mate on
various machines running Arch, I have always had to explicitly install
orca, as it is not part of any package group other than gnome. I also
need to install speech-dispatcher and a speech synthesizer, either
espeak-ng or festival from the official repository or rhvoice-git from
the AUR, as these are also optional dependencies, so they don't get
pulled in automatically with any other package or group..
~Kyle