Re: [orca-list] What is the latest version of Orca?

Hi.

You can try the following steps:

1. Install git.

2. git clone https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/orca.git

3. cd orca

4. ./configure --prefix=/data/orca/usr/local/

/data/orca/usr/local/ is the directory where I keep dev orca installed, you can use another directory.

5. ./autogen.sh

6. make

7. make install

The first time you perform these steps it will certainly generate some errors as some dependencies are not installed.

If you are unable to identify them send us the errors so that we can try to help you.

After compile and install you can try the following command:

/data/orca/usr/local/bin/orca -r

If everything goes as expected, the development version will be running. Just run the official version if you don't like the results.

To check the version of the running orca just use the orca + h key, as in help.

Remembering that every time you start the machine, the activated orca is the official one and not the development one. I like this because if there is a problem with the development version it will always be possible to restart the machine to have everything ok again.

Let me know if this is ok.