Re: [orca-list] Lightdm configuration to use orca on Arch with Mate desktop.

OK yeah something does seem to be wrong somewhere. I'm not sure why your /var/lib/lightdm-data includes a directory for root. Mine has the empty directories you mention, but it has my name and lightdm, no root. I also have /var/lib/lightdm, which does include configuration directories, and the package you installed should have created the system user lightdm in /etc/passwd for you, so you definitely should have that user as well. Could it be a problem that is specific to your distro or package? I've used lightdm on both Arch and Fedora, and didn't see the problem you describe.
~Kyle