Re: [orca-list] Anyone using evolution 40 with orca?

In order for focus and browse mode to work, Orca's WebKitGtk support
has to be ported to use Orca's generic Web script. Every time I start
working on that, I find various and sundry bugs in WebKitGtk some of
which are pretty serious like the application going completely non
responsive. I think these are mostly in WebKitGtk's AtkText support.
There are other AtkText bugs which cause Orca to not present the
correct thing, or anything at all.

As a result, Orca is essentially always in a sort of hybrid focus mode
in WebKitGtk: The app controls all navigation, but Orca will intercept
structural navigation keys. That's why turning off structural
navigation keys via shortcut solves the writing email problem.

I can look into the backspace and deleting issue. Maybe it's an Orca
issue, but my gut is telling me it might actually be a WebKitGtk text
issue. Word echo might indeed be Orca. I hope WebKitGtk's text support
isn't that broken....

So I'm afraid this is mostly not a case of low-hanging fruit. Sorry!!

If someone would create an accessible email client based on Blink, I
think we'd be set.  ;)

--joanie