Re: [orca-list] Anyone using evolution 40 with orca?

There is currently no problem reading the list of messages in Evolution, although I recall there were quite a few accessibility issues some years back, which did get fixed within the past few years. Remaining issues include a problem where some multipart messages are not being read properly and remain largely silent, including, but I don't think limited to messages sent via Apple Mail on iPhones, which seems to be a webkit-gtk issue from what I've been able to gather from a bug I filed, and a couple of editor issues, one of which is that focus mode is not activated in the editor and cannot be activated, though turning off structural navigation does allow writing, and the other is that word echo is not working properly and backspacing or deleting are silent. There are some other minor things, but these are the low hanging fruit I think. Once these issues can be fixed, Evolution will be the formidable email application it once was, and it will be able to completely replace Thunderbird and Seamonkey on most systems, especially since it's faster and uses less resources overall.

~Kyle