Re: [orca-list] OCR on Linux

Hello there,

Yes, you need to first install Tesseract and Cuneiform, then, you need to install one of those two solutions.

In the settings of both programs, you can everytime, if you like, select which OCR engine should be used for recognition.

I too use Tesseract, never had a chanse, yet, to use Cuneiform, but I heard that it supports table recognition, and keeps the actual layout of the ocred document as intact as possible, like JAWS's OCR function when done on a document, for comparation's sake.

Best regards.

Francisco.