Re: [orca-list] Unable to get orca running with chromium on arch.

Yes. The .desktop file I sent, if saved as ~/.local/share/applications/chromium.desktop, will override /usr/share/applications/chromium.desktop under GNOME, and pretty much any desktop that fairly closely follows the FreeDesktop specifications. I even had Chromium speaking without modifying that file or doing anything else to the system or the environment while experimenting with the KDE/Plasma desktop about a week ago.

~Kyle