Re: [orca-list] Chrome makes the Mate desktop to crash

Getting focus on the desktop must be done before you switch workspaces. This is what I know works here. If no window has focus, not even the desktop, switching workspaces can make the keyboard unresponsive in the way I described. If any window at all has focus, even the desktop, switching workspaces isn't ever a problem here. If your problem is different, and switching workspaces makes your system unresponsive even if a window has focus, even if the desktop has focus, then we may be having different problems, and yours may be specific to your setup. I'm really not sure at this point what to do other than reinstalling your system or possibly removing ~/.config entirely to see what happens.

~Kyle