[orca-list] espeak-ng and capitalization?

Anybody know the status of the bug with espeak-ng and capitalization? If I use espeak-ng with orca, instead of raising the pitch for capital leters, it says the word "capital", which is driving me crazy. How are other people dealing with this? I bought voxim but that has its own drawbacks.

This bug in espeak-ng is a huge problem for me because i do a lot of bash scripting and the standard for bash variables is to use all upper case, like environmental variables. It takes forever to find bugs if I have to listen to it saying capital before each letter in a variable name.

--
John G. Heim, jheim math wisc edu
608-263-4189