Re: [orca-list] Chromium performance degraded after orca update

I think I found the commit that introduced my huge performance hit in Chromium. I probably never saw it because I have been running an Orca release since about March, and this would have shown up in master to be released with 3.38.0 I think. The result of my bisect shows this:

972b22385a199df9a71fcbe1233bf6a7976ff81b is the first bad commit
commit 972b22385a199df9a71fcbe1233bf6a7976ff81b
Author: Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs igalia com>
Date:   Mon May 4 15:12:12 2020 -0400

    Improve heuristic to identify elements serving as fake placeholder for text

    We want to treat fake placeholders for fake inputs like placeholders and     not confuse them for editable content in a contenteditable. The existing     heuristic was working for Firefox, but not for Chromium due to extra divs
    being included in the accessibility tree and also text leaf nodes being
    incorrectly treated as editable text elements.

 src/orca/scripts/web/script_utilities.py | 7 ++++---

This makes sense that it would affect Chromium and not Firefox, but unfortunately it has a pretty nasty side effect, as it causes movement to the bottom of a page and even movement up a line from the bottom to take roughly 3 to 4 seconds, where before that it usually only took about a second or less. Not sure there's much that can be done about it, but there it is. Hope it helps.

~Kyle